“Earth Day” is a yearly event designed to spread awareness about our Earth’s environment and encourage “ALL OF US” to “TAKE ACTIONS”, as well. It was founded as an “environmental teach-in” on the 22nd of April 1970 by US Senator Gaylord Nelson.
In celebration for this, lots of “Earth Day Events” (such as conferences, free concerts and the like), are being held in different countries. Here in the Philippines, we also have lots of different events being held nationwide. Some of these are the listed below:
- NatGeo Earth Run 2010 — at SM Moa, Pasay City last 18th of April 2010
- Earth Run 2010 at The Fort — held in Global City, Taguig last 18th of April 2010
- Lil’ Earth Angels 2010 — held at SM North Edsa, QC last 18th of April 2010
- Mr. Philippines-Earth 2010 — to be held at Manila Ocean Park on the 22nd of April 2010
- Pasig River Fluvial Parade — to be held in Pasig River, Manila on the 22nd of April 2010
- ComVal Youth and Students for Earth Day 2010 with a theme “Hamon ng Panahon: Climate Change, Sampung (10) Milyung Solusyon (Kilos na! Ngayon na!)” — to be held in Compostela Valley Province, Philippines on the 22nd of April 2010
- Earth Day at Starbucks: use your tumbler and get P40 off on your beverage — to be held in all Starbucks Café’s nationwide on the 22nd–23rd of April 2010
- Earth Jam 2010 — to be held at Tomas Morato, QC on the 23rd of April 2010
- Saving Planet Earth Expo & Conference entitled 2010 Green Agenda (“Green Forum of 2010 Candidates”) — to be held at Trinoma Activity Center, Trinoma Mall, QC on the 23rd–25th of April 2010
- White Space Green Market — to be held at White Space, 2314 Chino Roces Ave. Ext., Makati City on the 25th of April 2010
- Ms. Philippines-Earth 2010 Coronation Night — to be held at Manila Ocean Park on the 24th of April 2010
See?! That and a lot more events are being held in celebration of “Earth Day 2010” … those aren’t just for entertainment but also to raise awareness on what our Planet Earth is facing right now.
The events mentioned above are of course “NOT the SOLUTION” to the climate change we are facing nowadays. So, I think it would be “BEST” if we practice “EVERYDAY is EARTH DAY” by simple means of conserving energy starting in our home. ^_^
“HAPPY EARTH DAY TO Y’ALL” :)
For Easy and Simple Tips to Conserve Energy, just click here.