Every year lots of fire incidents is happening in and out of the country especially during hot seasons. Fires are very dangerous because:
- It spread quickly
- The heat from the fire can be badly
- It’s difficult to see because of the smoke from the fire
- Breathing smoke gases from fire can also be deadly
So be prepared! Because it can happen anywhere, whether you’re in your house, in the office, in a mall and so on. It can even start in many ways.
Below are some of the following “TIPS on WHAT TO DO DURING FIRE”:
- When you’re in a building (such as offices, malls etc.), make sure to know where the “FIRE EXIT” is located.
- Use a fire extinguisher to put out small fires. You can also use water if the fire is not electrical or chemical. Do NOT try to put out a fire that you can’t control.
- If there’s a fire that is too big to put out, leave the place immediately. Because you might not have the chance to call for a fire department.
- If you can see smoke in the house, stay low to the ground as you make your way to the exit.
- Do not run, if your clothes catches fire but “Stop Drop and Roll” instead.
- When you’re trap in a room, do the following:
- Check to see if there’s heat or smoke coming in the cracks around the door.
- Don’t open the door when you the smoke coming under the door.
- Touch the door if you don’t see the smoke. If it’s hot or very warm then don’t open it.
- If you don’t see smoke and the door isn’t hot, then slightly use your fingers to lightly touch the doorknob. If it’s hot, don’t open it.
- If the doorknob feels cool and you don’t see any smoke around, only then you can open the door slowly and carefully.
- When you open the door and you feel a burst of heat or see smoke pours into the room, quickly close the door and make sure it is really really closed..
- If there’s no smoke or heat when you open the door, quickly make your way out.
- Yell for help.
Hope the above TIPS can help ‘YOU’ be aware on how to respond when you’re in fire situation. ^_^
For “FIRE PREVENTION TIPS” click here.