Saturday, April 17, 2010

National Geographic's Earth Day Run 2010

It’s been awhile since I last updated my blog coz I just had a lot of things to do this past of couple of days. Well, anyways, I’m back ^_^ (yey!) and I would like to feature here the “National Geographic Channel’s Earth Day Run 2010”.

Last night when I got home from work, I saw my father watching NatGeo Channel. I don’t know the title of the episode/program he’s watching but it’s about car racing on ice. Then during the commercial, I saw this advertisement of NatGeo ’bout their participation for the Earth Day and so I decided to feature it here. I supposed to post it here right after I saw that TV commercial but I got so busy downloading apps and games for my iPod Touch. Hehehe! ;))




Well, anyways, in celebration of the upcoming “Earth Day’s 40th anniversary on April 22nd, National Geographic Channel will be having a fun run entitled “NatGeo Earth Day Run 2010” which will be held at SM Mall of Asia (MOA) on the 18th of April, which will be tomorrow already. =)




The said fun run is open to all interested runners who are willing to participate in 3K, 5K, or 10K races. It will start at around 5:30 in the morning.

Because of the damages the Typhoon Ketsana (locally known as Ondoy) brought in our country last year then all proceeds of the said fun run will go to the “Design Against the Elements (DAtE)” — an art competition project to rebuild climate resilient communities designed for a greener environment. The DAtE is a project of “MyShelter Foundation”.




Through this fun run, National Geographic’s Channel aims to promote Earth Day and its global mission to inspire people to care about our planet. ^_^ So for those runners and non-runners who would like to participate in this event, I hope you were all able to register already. I’m sure this will be fun! :)

And oh, before I forget, there’s also another fun run event that will be happening on the same day and it will be at ”The Fort, Taguig”.




2 comments:

Ana Cristina said...

Thanks for your visit. Wish you a nice Wednesday!

ur_gurLNxtdOor said...

@ana cristina: your welcome and thanks for visiting me back ^_^

Post a Comment

Hello there! :) Thank you for taking time in visiting my blog. Hope you like my featured article. Just feel free to leave your comments below ^_^

Till your next visit...

Popular Posts



 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons
personal blogs - blog rankings personal - top blogs philippines Display Pagerank